Monday 15 September 2014

BIRDING FRONTIERS - Autumn

The last 6 months have been very hectic being the sole illustrator for Martin Garners Birding Frontiers - Autumn book, it has also been very satisfying and it was this sort of project which I was waiting for a long time! The book turned out to be the best selling book at the Rutland Bird Fair with great reviews and the success means the other seasons and family groups will be produced in the future, projects I am relishing!
This left me very little time to up date the blog, and revise the website but this is my priority now and will work it alongside the other books and artwork I will be undertaking. I've started by uploading some of the book, the cover original with the printed version beside it, this book would not have been as successful without the keen eye and high quality design and print by Chris Gaughan of Designwing and Swallowtail Press, two superb companies. I've also uploaded the Treecreeper chapter illustrations, indicating the differences between Northern and British Treecreeper and the other plate is Hen an Northern Harrier, both done in watercolour. Will upload some note book sketches later this week!



1 comment:

  I’ve decided to resurrect my blog, after 6 years of being dormant to work alongside a long-term project that I have always wanted to do an...